Is composed of Basic Watsu (16 hours, 2/3 days ) and Transition Flow(34 hours, 3/4 days).
These 2 stages can be completed separately or in consecutive days
This will complete your training in Watsu 1 and increase your Watsu skills for the start of the full Watsu Practitioner Programme. See www.watsu.com for full Watsu Practitioner requirements.
Includes: Course notes, WABA registration, log book and certification
• Learn therapeutic handling alongside breath awareness and stretching
• Learn transitions into and out of Watsu’s major positions
• Learn how to effectively incorporate stillness into treatment
• Learn how to maintain alignment of the client and therapist
• Learn to adapt this to people of different sizes, shapes and dispositions.
• Learn about one’s own body mechanics to support and move clients effortlessly and safely in the water.
OUTCOMES FOR PARTICIPANTS
This is a life-long skill. All participants will receive certification and be registered with WABA (the Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association Registry ). Their Watsu training hours will be logged with WABA and shall count toward further training should they wish to progress toward becoming full Watsu practitioners.
Current Hydrotherapy practitioners would be able to incorporate Basic Watsu principles and movements in their current work – Thereby enhancing their ability to serve their clients.
While those not already engaged professionally in hydrotherapy will be able to use what they’ve learned with family and friends.
COST: from Jan 2019
The cost is £750 per person plus travel and accommodation costs for the Watsu Instructor shared between participants. Additional costs would be pool hire, this depends on the location of the training.
Basic Watsu £325 pp Transition Flow £425 pp Tuition only
If the training happens at your pool, then any hire costs would be covered by you.